Application for Fully-Funded Chevening Scholarships, 2022-2023 is Ongoing!
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. The scholarship program aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
Things To Know About Chevening Scholarships
Chevening Scholarships is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of awards–Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships–the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarships
Scholarships Benefits for international students include a living stipend, airfares, and the full or partial cost of tuition fees.
Who is eligible for Chevening Scholarships?
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Returning to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee (since July 2018) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2018) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships
Applications for Chevening scholarships are made online via a web portal.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process.
when are done filling, submitting the application the next is to wait for your name to be shortlisted, and then you proceed for the screening/interview.
Chevening Scholarships- Application Deadline
The deadline for applications entry is 2 November 2021 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award.
Chevening Scholarships– Frequent Asked Questions
When is the offer Deadline?
The deadline to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST (UK time) on 14 July 2022.
When will the Chevening Interview take place?
28 FEBRUARY TO 29 APRIL 2022. Candidates from all over the world are interviewed by panels at British embassies and high commissions.
When will Chevening Scholarships(2022) Results be Out?
FROM EARLY JUNE 2022.
Thanks for reading, please share with your friends.