University of Embu invites suitably qualified students to apply for its internally funded postgraduate scholarship.
This Embu scholarship package will cover tuition fees and stipend for the duration of the study. the scholarships is also open to all UoEm graduates.
University of Embu is a Kenyan Chartered University with a mission to generate, advance and disseminate knowledge through training, research, and innovation for the development of humanity.
The University of Embu (UoEm) was established as a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi via a Legal Notice No. 65 of 17th June 2011 by His Excellency the President. EUC is the successor of the former Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College which started in 1947 as an agricultural training school and was later renamed Embu Institute of Agriculture in 1968.
This institute was upgraded to Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College in 1990 and charged with the mandate of developing and implementing short management and technical courses, as well as offer research and consultancy services to enhance performance in the agricultural sector.
Objective Of The University
The objective of the University is to play a leading role in the development and expansion of the opportunities for higher education and research of Agriculture, Agribusiness, Forestry, Water, and Biological and Physical sciences.
What You Need To Know:
The Embu postgraduate scholarship cuts across four schools in the University which include the School of Agriculture, the school of Pure and Applied Sciences, the school of business and Economics, and the School of Education and Social Sciences.
How To Apply:
Applicants for the Embu Internally funded scholarships are expected to fill the online application form on the official website.
Here is other information regarding the application for the Embu postgraduate scholarships:
- This form should be completed in duplicate.
- The applicant should submit one copy of the filled-in form to the office of the Registrar (ARE) and retain the second copy.
- The applicant must attach a copy of the undergraduate degree certificate or letter of completion.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Embu internally funded scholarship is available to pursue the following Postgraduate Programmes listed below in their various Schools:
School of Agriculture
- Master of Science in Agriculture Resource Management
- Master of Science in Plant Breeding
- Master of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Master of Science in Agricultural Extension
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- Master of Science in Plant Ecology
- Master of Science in computer science
School of Business and Economics
- School of Education and Social Sciences
- Master of Education
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
The Embu postgraduate scholarships available to the above-listed Schools are to be taken in Kenya.
This postgraduate scholarship is available to Kenya students.
The Embu scholarship package covers full tuition fees and stipends for the duration of the study.
Applicants for the internally funded Embu postgraduate scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants MUST be UoEm graduates.
- The scholarships are open to all UoEm graduates.
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of Second Class Honors (Upper Division) in a relevant degree from the University of Embu.
- Applications forms can be obtained from the University website, the office of the Registrar (Academics, Research and Extension) or the Admissions Office, University of Embu.
- Applications should reach the Registrar (Academics, Research and Extension) on or before 5th September.
The deadline for applying for the Embu scholarship is September 05, annually.