How can I change my institution in JAMB 2020? This is a common question students ask us through emails and Facebook chat.
There are chances that you might hastily supply wrong information during JAMB registration or you have a change of mind to apply certain changes to the data you submitted to JAMB during the registration. If this applies to you, don’t worry we will show you what to do.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is aware of certain likely mistakes and create a window for its corrections.
However, the corrections are grouped and candidates will have to pay per data they needed to correct.
List Of Available JAMB Data Corrections
- Names Correction (can only be done once)
- Passport Photograph Correction (can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (can only be done once)
- UTME Subjects Correction (can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done twice with separate payments)
You can see from the above, the available options to correct and how many times you can do so, you seriously have to be careful about the things you modify on your JAMB portal.
However, this post is dedicated to only candidates who are asking several questions such as: How do I change my institution?, JAMB change of course 2020 closing date, JAMB change of institution closing date 2020 and many more. In other words, we shall focus mainly on steps involved in JAMB change of institution and course.
How To Do JAMB Change Of Course And Institution 2020/2021
2. Enter your JAMB email address and password to login
3. Select your year of JAMB from the dropdown list above
4. Navigate to the left sidebar and Select “Correction of Data” for the year you wrote JAMB.
5. On the next page, you will see available JAMB data correction options
6. Click on make payment to continue
7. A transaction ID will be generated so you can use it to make payment online or at the bank.
8. Click on Pay Now, to pay using your ATM card, you will be taking to the JAMB payment portal.
10. If the payment was successful, you will be redirected to JAMB portal to continue your correction of data.
11. From the JAMB change of institution portal, select your year of exam, enter your JAMB registration number, select what you want to change and continue.
12. Change the institution and course in this order, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice
13. Click Submit to complete your application.
14. Download and print the acknowledgement slip for reference.
Things to note before doing JAMB change of institution 2020/2021
- This can only be done on the JAMB change of course and institution portal
- For candidates asking is JAMB change of institution and course form free? It is not free, it is paid for
- The official price for JAMB change of institution is 2,500 Naira only, excluding bank charges
- How many times can change of institution be done? You can do this only but twice.
- You also don’t have to pay separate fees for JAMB change of Institution and JAMB change of course
- How long will it take JAMB to change my institution and course? Likely this can take from a few days to weeks, but you don’t have to panic as it will surely be changed by JAMB hence everything is done as required.
What are the causes of JAMB change of institution/course?
- Poor performances in JAMB: Due to low JAMB score, candidates who failed to score up to the required school cut-off mark for the school and course of their choice, can do a change of institution/course to a school or course that accepts their JAMB score.
- Change of plans: Candidates who wished to enter a particular and later had a change of plan to apply for another school, or candidates who are offered admission into a school under the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice that need to make the school their first choice.
- Mistakes during JAMB registration: Chances are that some candidates make mistakes while registering for JAMB, only to find out later, and JAMB data correction is the way our to fix it.
We believe this guide will help every student learn how to do JAMB change of course and institution 2020/2021, we also strongly recommend that you carry out this activity at an accredited JAMB registration centre to avoid errors.
Please feel free to share this guide to help other students on how they can apply for JAMB change of Course/Institution.