Kokuyo Design Award 2022 Application is ongoing!
The Kokuyo Design Award 2022 will be the 19th competition, and this time, they will be calling for works based on the theme “UNLEARNING.” With the pandemic making latent issues in society more manifest, the theme is about resetting the knowledge and senses never questioned before and the experiences accumulated up to now and exploring what designs can be created by imagining ideal futures for each of us.
Read through this piece to learn the full details about this program- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more.
Things To Know About Kokuyo Design Award
The KOKUYO Design Award is an international competition for product design that envisions and creates the future together. It gathers proposals from all around the world and turns outstanding entries into commercial products. Last year, a total of 1,401 entries were received from 58 countries in Japan and overseas. Through the design of things that are familiar to everyone, KOKUYO would like to give shape to the possibilities of design and the power of products.
Kokuyo Design Award- Prizes
- Grand Prix for one winner – ¥2,000,000 (about $18,000).
- Merit Award for three winners – ¥500,000 (about $4,500) per winner.
Kokuyo Design Award- Eligibility
- Corporations organizations, individuals, and groups are all welcome, regardless of age, sex, professional background, or nationality.
- Only designs that have never before been shown publicly (in Japan or other countries) are eligible for entry.
- Entrants must be able to give a presentation at the final judging that’s scheduled for March 12, 2022.
Kokuyo Design Award- How To Apply
Individuals and groups who wish to enter a design for the Kokuyo Design Award 2022 must complete:
- Register Your Entrant Information
- Register Design Information
- Submit Design
Grants and Bursaries at University of Pavia- Application Deadline
The closing date for this award application entry is October 15, 2021.