VECO College Scholarship: Visayan Electric Company (VECO) is proud to announce its college scholarships in 2022.
It is an annual grant. The Visayan Electric Company Scholarship is designed to support high school and college students who are VECO’s customers.
VECO offers this scholarship to poor but deserving students who live in its franchise area, from the city of Liloan in northern Cebu to the city of San Fernando in southern Cebu.
To apply for this scholarship, the completed application form must be submitted to VECO, Department of Community Relations located on J Panis Street, Banilad, Cebu City.
Every academic year, VECO offers these outstanding students a scholarship that helps cover tuition and tuition fees.
The scholarship can be renewed each semester as long as the student meets the GPA requirement and progresses to a degree normally.
Visayan Electric Company, Inc. (VECO) is the second-largest electricity company in the Philippines.
It serves the cities of Cebu, Mandaue, Talisay, Naga, and four parishes in most of Cebu’s metro – Liloan, Consolacion, Minglanilla, and San Fernando. Its franchise service covers an area of approximately 674 km2 with an estimated population of 1.73 million.
It has three full-service centers equipped with a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone system that is integrated into the customer service and billing system (CC&B).
The first full-service center is located on the 2nd level, JCentre Mall, AS Fortuna St., Mandaue City, the second in the One Pavilion Mall in Banawa, and the third, which caters to the needs of customers in the southern part of the franchise Area, located in Talisay City.
VECO is owned and managed by the publicly traded Aboitiz Power Corporation and Vivant Corporation.
What Do I Need To Know About The VECO Scholarship 2022?
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the cornerstone of the company’s community involvement. The company’s current projects, such as the construction of school buildings in various areas around Cebu, are of great benefit to the school children.
VECO continues to give back to the community of Cebuano through its Endgame scholarship program.
The selection of VECO scholarship holders was based on the applicants’ financial situation, special awards, extracurricular activities, academic status, and the timely submission of requirements. The selection process also included a final interview.
New VECO Fellows will take engineering courses at the University of San Carlos, the Cebu Institute of Technology, and the University of San Jose-Recoletos.
As the scholarship program is earmarked for a specific purpose, the company can take on the scholarship holders after completing their bachelor’s degree.
Level/field of study
The VECO College scholarship program is awarded to outstanding high school graduates who aim to study BS Electrical Engineering, BS Industrial Engineering, BS Accounting, and AB Mass Communication.
Nationality of the host
The scholarship takes place in the Philippines. Find out what other scholarships to apply for in 2022 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
If you are an international student looking to study in the UK this is for you. Complete Guide to Getting a UK Tier 4 Student Visa for International Students.
The scholarship is open to Filipino students. If you are an international student looking for a study abroad scholarship, you can check out our International Student Study Abroad Scholarships.
The scholarships cover tuition fees and other expenses incurred by the students.
VECO College Scholarship Eligibility
- Pass all the subjects enrolled with no grade of below 2.5 and a general point
an average of 2.0;
- Be enrolled in the number of units required per semester as indicated by the
- Not drop any subjects;
- Finish the required five-year course enrolled in;
- Submit her/ his final-end-of-term grades within 30 days after final exams for
- Actively participate in various school organizations to enhance interpersonally
- Not enjoy any other form of scholarship;
- Participate in Aboitiz and VECO related activities.
Additional Criteria For Qualification
- Should be a dependent of a VECO customer with no record of violations
of service contract
- An individual annual income of parents should not exceed P150,000
- Must be an incoming 1st-year college with a General Weighted Average (GWA)
of at least 90%
- Willing to pursue BS-Electrical Engineering, BS-Industrial Engineering, BS Accountancy or
- Willing to enroll in any of our accredited universities (USC, USJ-R, and CIT-U)
All criteria for qualifications should be met. The absence of one disqualifies the applicant.
How To Apply For The VECO College Scholarship
Your application kit should contain ALL of the following requirements.
- Complete & signed application form with current 2×2 colored photo
- Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- A certified true copy of Grade 12 report card
- Photocopy of Income Tax Return from BIR or Certificate of Indigency from the Barangay
- Enclose all requirements in a short brown envelope.
Submit your application on or before April 12, every year.
Reputation Enhancement Department
Visayan Electric Company, Inc.
J. Panis Street, VECO Engineering Office, Banilad, Cebu City