Is the 2020 WAEC GCE form out?
We wish to bring to the notice of interested candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates that the sale of 2020 GCE form has commenced.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates. 2020, Second Series will be an urban-based examination. Nineteen (19) subjects will be available for the examination. Intending candidates for the examination are, therefore, strongly advised to visit the Council’s corporate website- www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the 2020 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
- Price For WAEC GCE Registration Scratch Cards & Selling Unit In Nigeria
- 2020 WAEC GCE Registration Closing Date
- How To Register For WAEC GCE Even After The Closing Date
- WAEC GCE Registration Form Template
- WAEC Sample Questions and Scheme
- WAEC GCE Timetable
WAEC GCE Registration Date.
WAEC GCE normal registration period is from Tuesday, October 15, 2019 to Sunday, January 12, 2020. If you wish to wait until after the 2020 WAEC GCE registration closing date, you can still register using this special guide on how to register for WAEC GCE even after the closing date.
How to Apply for WAEC GCE 2020 Second Series Registration.
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
List Of Banks That Sell WAEC GCE PIN
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd.
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- Access Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/for registration.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON WAEC GCE REGISTRATION
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.