Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. The Academy will grant two Awards one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
The Two award will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the program of Advanced studies on human rights and humanitarian Law For either the diploma or certificate of attendance options.
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C
- Housing at the university of dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best article may also be published in the American university international law review.
- This award is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality.
- Only participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D), Bachelor of laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights Law.
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with a proper citations.
- Deadline for submission: January 31, 2022.
- Winners Announcement: April 1st, 2022.